Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 1

So I thought it would be sweet to use this blog to post every day about the day here in Manilla Philippines. Im here to share the gospel with the people. Working I'm the Slums around Manila.

            Day 1. leaving Chicago. I woke up earlier then I expected, probably over excited about the flight.  Spent some time doing my morning devotions said my goodbyes and got a lovely surprise by my dad and step mom who came down to wish me a goodbye. We took pictures as a team and we were off. At Ohare Airport Kevin Tim and I chased down Michael Vick. We talked with him in a cologne and perfume store… he accidentally sprayed himself with perfume and asked us to tell us what we thought, needless to say we didn’t have the heart to tell him he smelled like a woman. Yet we got some autographs then said goodbye.
            We flew first to Detroit and had an hour layover there. Currently its 1 am Chicago and Were two hours away from Nagoya Japan which is just outside of Tokyo. The flights been long got to write my message on John 20 the resurrection of Jesus, which was great just to do my own study on it J 
            So far I’ve watched the social network, interesting movie. Watched unstoppable, very intense definitely something to check out. After I watched hereafter, definitely a thought provoking film. Although I probably thought of stuff Clint eastwood wasn’t intending the audience to think of. One was over twin brothers one died and the other wanted to figure out what happened to him, he turned to religion yet fled because in short they had never gone to church and therefore he had gone to hell. Hard question to answer, what do you tell a young boy who just lost his brother when he asks you where will his brother go since hes dead. What do you tell him?  Just finished the town, which was a good movie yet for some reason I came away with more ministry questions. These are the people I want to live with, minister with, yet how can I effectively minister to guys that ant get out of gangs, to many threads holding them down. Their family (whatever’s left) their girlfriend.. whatever such a tight rope to thread.
            All in all day one has left me with some things to ponder for awhile. Hopefully I get some sleep going to sleep for the last two hours hopefully then goin to sleep on the flight to Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment