Monday, April 11, 2011

Life back in the states

So it's now been a few weeks since I got back from the Philippines. I miss it alot, especially the warmth, although here in Chicago it got up to 80 today! Since I left I've been able to stay in contact with some of the the youth leaders from week two when we ran a VBS. My hardest part adjusting back to life has been just getting back into the swing of school.

I loved the trip their, such a wonderful experience. Even though I've gone once before on an oversees mission trip this time I witnessed how my growth in maturity through the relationships I was able to build with those we met there. When I left Zambia two years ago I left no lasting friendships except with the missionaries we stayed with. This time I was brought to tears by a student who was crying because we were leaving and life would just return to normal. It's hard just to think about those we got to know. Some of them who live in Dupax a squatter community in Manila are waiting to hear from the government whether there being relocated. Forced to move because the government wants to build a highway.

Update on life here in Chicago, About to leave for a week. taking student from Lincoln Park high school to a camp called Timber wolf in Michigan with Young Life. I'll be in charge of 15 high school students. So I'm excited for that. Although school is rough having to get 3 weeks of hw done by this friday to be able to leave. So lots of all nighters, right now I'm taking an hour break to recharge a bit. Weathers been nice, went to the beach today! Got to slack line play frisbee, jump in Lake Michigan as well as take natalie on a walk along the beach and then through Lincoln Park.

Well time to get back to hw, just thought it would be nice to get something on here, wish it could've been done like a week ago but ya know life happens. Till my next post I recommend you all enjoy life!! :)

-JR

No comments:

Post a Comment